Cyber Essentials is a simple but effective scheme that will help you to protect your organisation against a range of the most common cyber-attacks.
The framework is based around five basic security controls:
- Securing your Internet connection.
- Securing your devices and software
- Controlling access to your data and services
- Protection from viruses and other malware
- Keeping your devices and software up to date
- Helps manage the risk from the most common cyber-attacks.
- Recommended by the ICO as a ‘good starting point’ for GDPR compliance.
- Provides a recognised assurance certification required for UK government tender responses.
- Different certification options available depending on your requirements (Cyber Essentials / Cyber Essentials +).
- Low cost (from £300 for self-assessment).
Cyphra is a Cyber Essentials Certification Body and provides services that will help support your business in achieving Cyber Essentials or Cyber Essentials + certifications.
Find out more from the NCSC Cyber Essentials website.